In these uncertain times, managing your stress and anxiety is just as important as managing your physical environment. You can’t control what’s going on around you, but you can control what’s going on within you.
Meditation has become part of my daily routine because I have realized how much it has helped me deal with stress, anxiety, and manage my emotions. Think of it like a little vacation for your brain every time you meditate. I’ve tried several different modalities and there are many free apps and videos out there you can find. Headspace is a great app, and Calm is another good one. My favorite app that I’ve settle on is the Simple Habit app.
Gratitude and Affirmations
I journal 5 things I’m grateful for every morning followed by several positive affirmations. Journaling with pen and paper can be a powerful tool for improving your mindset, and also for writing down goals and visualizations.
Personal Development Books and Podcasts
Here is a list of few of my favorite books that have helped me:
- The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins
- The Universe Has Your Back by Gabrielle Bernstein
- Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown
- 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don’t Do by Amy Morin
- Own the Day Own Your Life by Aubrey Marcus
- You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- How Successful People Think by John Maxwell
Here are a few of my favorite podcasts I listen to in the car:
- The AMP podcast by Aubrey Marcus
- The Lifestylist podcast by Luke Storey
- Trust and Believe with ShaunT
- Earn Your Happy with Lori Harder
- The GaryVee Audio Experience with Gary Vaynerchuk
- Women Inspiring Women with Melanie Mitro
- The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes
- Super Women with Rebecca Minkoff